1. Accommodation contracts and related contracts to be entered into by this hotel shall be in accordance with these provisions, and particulars not provided for in these provisions shall be made in accordance with the laws and customary practices.
2. Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, this hotel may enter into special agreements to the extent that they will not run counter to the spirit of these provisions, the laws, and customary practices.
When this hotel has accepted a request for accommodation in advance of the day of occupancy (hereinafter called request for accommodation or reservation), the hotel may request the person making the reservation to clarify the following within a designated period:
(1) Name, sex, nationality, and occupation of the person(s) occupying the accommodation.
(2) Other particulars deemed necessary by the hotel.
This hotel may refuse to provide accommodation in the following circumstances:
(1) When the accommodation request does not adhere to the terms of this contract.
(2) When this hotel is fully booked, and no room is available.
(3) When a person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct themselves in a manner contrary to that provided in the law or the maintenance of public peace and good morals, through his stay in this hotel.
(4) When a person seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as being afflicted with an infectious disease.
(5) When a person seeking accommodation is extremely intoxicated or is otherwise likely to disturb other guests.
(6) When a person seeking accommodation is clearly recognized to be unable to pay for the accommodation.
(7) When a person seeking accommodation is behaving suspiciously.
(8) When a person seeking accommodation is or belongs to an antisocial force, such as an organized crime group or an organization affiliated with an organized crime group.
(9) When a person seeking accommodation is or belongs to a corporation managed or supported by an organized crime group or its member(s).
(10) When a person seeking accommodation is or belongs to a corporation of which one or more directors is a member of an organized crime group.
(11) When a person seeking accommodation has used violence to make a demand on the hotel or its employee(s) or has otherwise made a demand beyond the scope of reasonably acceptable burden on the hotel or its employee(s).
(12) When the hotel is incapable of providing accommodation due to natural calamities, damage to its facilities, and/or other unavoidable causes.
When the person making the reservation cancels the whole or a part of the reservation, this hotel shall receive payment for the cancellation as stipulated in the cancellation charge, shown hereunder.
However, this provision shall not apply to parties (referring to groups with 15 paying members and more the same hereafter ) up to 10% of its number, as of 10 days prior to occupancy, (when this hotel has accepted the reservation later than this date, then the date of acceptance shall apply) with fractions counted as whole when such cancellation was made for a portion of the group.
a. When cancelled on occupancy 3 days prior:
0% of the first day accommodation charge per person.
b. When cancelled on the day before occupancy:
50 % of the first day accommodation charge per person
c. When cancelled on the day occupancy:
100 % of the first day accommodation charge per person.
2. This hotel may consider the reservation as having been cancelled by the person making the reservation, when the guest(s) does not appear by 11:00 PM of the day of occupancy without contacting the hotel beforehand. (When the guest states their time of arrival in advance, then the cancellation shall occur 2 hours after the mentioned time of arrival.)
3. When the reservation has been considered as cancelled, in accordance with the previous paragraph, if the guest is able to show that his failure to appear without contact is due to the delay or non-arrival of the of the train, airplane, or other public conveyances not due to him, this hotel will not collect the cancellation fee.
Including but not limited to the previous provisions, this hotel can cancel the reservation according to the following circumstances:
(1) When it comes to clauses 3 to 12 of article 3.
(2) When the clarification of particulars in clause 1 of article 2 has been requested and not complied with, within the designated period.
(3) When payment of the reservation deposit, stipulated in article 3 paragraph 1, has been requested and not complied with, within the designated period.
2. When this hotel has cancelled the reservation for accommodation, in accordance with the previous paragraph, it shall refund any deposit received for the reservation.
Guests shall observe the rules established by this hotel and posted within this hotel.
This hotel may reject the continued occupancy of the room, even for the
period accepted, in the following circumstances:
(1) When it comes to clauses 3 to 12 of Article 3.
(2) When the guest does not observe the rules stated in the previous article.
Guests shall register the following particulars with this hotel, at the front office, on the day of their arrival.
(1) Particulars stated in clause 1 of article 2.
(2) In the case of a foreigner, his passport number, place of landing, and date of landing in Japan.
(3) Day and hour of departure.
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by this hotel.
The hour for vacating the room by the guest (check-out time) is 11:00 AM. The previous paragraph notwithstanding, this hotel may accede to the use of the room beyond the check-out time. In such a case, there is an additional charge as listed hereunder.
It costs 1,000 Yen for every 1 hour after 11:00 AM.
Payment of bills shall be made in Japanese currency or traveler's cheques and coupons recognized by this hotel at the front office of this hotel at time of the guest's departure or at a time requested by this hotel.
2. Guests shall pay for the accommodation from the commencement of occupancy, even when he voluntarily chooses to not use the facility.
The responsibility of this hotel concerning accommodation shall start from the time the guest registers at the front office or when he enters his room, whichever occurs earlier, and terminate at the time he leaves his room to depart.
2. When the guest can no longer be accommodated due to reasons for which this hotel is responsible, this hotel shall arrange to secure accommodation of the same or similar standard for the guest at facilities elsewhere, except in cases of natural calamities or other causes making its observance difficult. In such a case, the guest shall not be charged an accommodation fee for the dates during which the hotel cannot provide accommodation.
There is an accommodation tax of 100 Yen per person per night for a stay that costs over 10,000 Yen but less than 15,000 Yen per night; the tax is 200 Yen for a stay costing over 15,000 Yen per night. (Tokyo Metropolis)